- Play Guitar For Beginners The Initial Steps
- 4 Reliable Tips for Handling Twilight Party Disasters
- Have The Life You Always Dreamed Of - Secrets of Cosmic Ordering
- What Makes Pocket Bikes A Favorite Among Both Kids And Adults?
- Car Insurance- Is It Worth Shopping Around?
- Hybrid Cars
- Business to Business
- Secret Revealed to Sponsoring
- Law Librarian Sample Cover Letter
- Methods Of Increasing Sales
- Computers and Electronics
- Spyware Scan Removal
- Learn What To Look For In The New Dell Printer
- The New Nokia N97 - How Does It Compare To The N96
- Dating Matchmaking
- How To Make A Guy Fall In Love With You
- How To Approach A Guy In 3 Simple Steps
- Taipei Dating - Online Sites Can Help Make New Friends
- Education and Employment
- How to Write a Winning Scholarship Essay
- Types Of Trademarks
- Spanish learning Tips
- Get Movie Downloads Today And Enjoy The Awesome Choices
- Download Various Excellent Films To View Today
- Mp3 Players: Change The World
- Family and Community
- Building New Intimacy In A Sound Relationship
- Ultimate Sales Guide
- Have You Got A Brilliant Christmas Gift For Your Man This Year?
- Health and Personal Care
- What Can Antioxidants Do For Us To Keep Us Healthy
- Fat Burning Exercises : The Simpliest Thing To Do For Your Health
- BowFlex SelectTech Dumbbells - A New Free Weights System
- Home and Garden
- A Model Trains Manual for Those New to The Worlds Greatest Hobby
- Cool Ideas for Letters From Santa
- Get Started With A New Hobby And Make Extra Capital By Selling Off Old Gold Jewelery
- Legal and Financial Services
- A New Twist On An Old Trading Strategy
- Guidance on New COBRA Rules From The IRS And Doeren Mayhew
- Home Mortgage Refinance Loan: The Right Way!
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Training a Cat to Use the Toilet
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Understanding Why Dogs Fight With Each Other
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Selling a Home Read This Helpful Information
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- The New Loan Modification Plan For America
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Wholesale Belts
- Men's Earrings - The Symbol Of Toughness And Audacity
- Is It Smart To Get Your Diamond Engagement Ring Insured?
- Sports and Recreation
- Hunting For the Best Golf Travel Case
- How to Buy A Fishing Boat
- Significance of Using Bait Boats
- Travel and Transportation
- Beijing Hotel and Your Trip around the World
- Rome City Breaks For Everyone
- Sport Pilot or Private Pilot? What's best for you?
- Chinese Breakfast Food Ideas for A New Taste Experience
- Embrace New Tactics for Your Home Business
- Enhance Your Future With Past Therapy
Build A New Relationship Out Of The Ashes With Relationship Breakup Advice
By Garry Fisher Published: 02/11/2010
After the end of most relationships, there is usually at least one person who regrets the breakup and wishes for reconciliation. Because of this, there are just as many looking for reunion advice as there are looking for relationship breakup advice. And, no matter who is asked, there ends up being roughly 8 simple steps to winning your ex back.
It can't be stated enough that harassing or stalking your ex is an absolute NO. It is illegal in many places. It creates emotional blackmail that will eventually lead to your partner resenting you should you two actually get back together.
The first rule in reconciliation is to actually cease all contact with your ex. Do not call him or her. Do not write any letters. Don't 'drop by.' You want your ex to actually start to miss you and he or she can't if you are constantly around. If a complete cessation is not possible (he or she is a co-worker or shares children with you), then strive to limit any contact to times that cannot be avoided.
Step 2 is to keep busy. Your ex will most likely hear news of how you are taking the breakup. If he or she believes that you are despondent, then he or she will feel that the right decision was made in breaking up. If he or she learns of your happiness then you will resemble the person he or she was attracted to in the first place.
The third step is to embark on a voyage of personal improvement. Take a moral inventory of yourself. Discover any personality and emotional issues that may have contributed to the relationship failing. And, once you have determined your own flaws, find constructive ways to solve these issues. Go through therapy. Take a class. Practice the 12-steps (if they apply). The whole point is to gain a sense of inner peace and to become a better person. At no point should you consider the next step until you have at least given the third step at least a month.
The first contact is the fourth step. This should be done over the telephone and should be kept very brief and should be very casual in mood. The reason for the contact should be non controversial and the topic of your relationships should NEVER be broached or spoken about at all. Be breezy. Be flirty. Make small compliments. Your goal is to be a person with whom a conversation is a pleasant experience.
The fifth step is to engage in future casual conversations. Over time, your ex will begin to feel at ease talking to you. He or she may even start to ask if you miss him or her or if you wonder what happened to the relationship. Remember, remain nonchalant. Make sure he or she knows that you do in fact think about the past but are much more interested in what he or she is thinking about at this moment. Encourage the sharing of feelings. Make sure you LISTEN because it will help you to understand what went wrong in the relationship. And, always remember that the comfort zone should never be violated. If he or she wants to change the subject, then let the subject be changed
It is important to remember that you never blame your ex for what went wrong. You should also never beg for forgiveness. Blaming and begging cast you in a depressed light and makes others very uncomfortable.
The seventh step is to slowly evolve the contact with your ex from casual conversations to comfortable personal meetings or dates. By this time your ex will feel comfortable enough with you to meet for drinks or coffee. In fact, during these dates your ex may feel at ease enough to start talking about the past. Always make sure that you use I-statements, never put your ex on the spot, and never allow yourself to be walked over. Make sure that you let your efforts in personal improvement be known. This will assuage any fears that the same problems will develop should a new relationship be pursued.
Step 8 is when romance is added back into the equation. This happens gradually as your ex begins to feel more and more comfortable with you. Make sure the romance is non-threatening. It will remind him or her why he or she fell in love with you.
Just be patient. Over time these steps will help you and your partner to build a new and stronger relationship.