- About 10 Basic Feature Film Overviews
- A Small Collection Of Various Motion Picture Outlines To Look At
- A Sampling Of Useful Film Story Lines To See
- Benefits of Car Paint Protection
- Buying a New Car Is Not As Hard As You Think
- The New York Automotive Locksmith And You
- Business to Business
- Get SEO Package to Improve Search Engine Ranking
- Important Considerations Before Deciding On A New Printer
- North Alabama Is A Life-long Location for Setting Down Roots
- Computers and Electronics
- Useful HTML5 Resource That You Should Not Miss Out
- How to choose the right Web Design Company?
- Current Comcast Internet Special Promotions
- Dating Matchmaking
- Taipei Dating - Online Sites Can Help Make New Friends
- Would You Like To Learn How To Get Your Ex Back Fast?
- How Can You Win Your Ex Back? 3 Surefire Tricks to Get Back With Your Ex
- Education and Employment
- The Benefits To Online Tutoring
- A Los Angeles Attorney For Personal Injury Will Help You With Your Claim
- Accelerated Nursing Oh: You Can Excel...
- Singing Better Tips - Advance To A Professional Level With Effective Tips
- An Assortment Of Quick Hollywood Movie Plot Lines
- Download Import Export Movie
- Family and Community
- Are Russian Women Good Mothers?
- Have You Got A Brilliant Christmas Gift For Your Man This Year?
- Divorce - A New Rite of Passage for the 21st Century
- Health and Personal Care
- Ears Hearing – Natural Cures of Earache
- Sleep Snoring – Natural Snoring Solutions
- How To Cure Anxiety: The Steps
- Home and Garden
- Easy Method For Pedestal Sink Removal
- Adding a Wine Cellar to Your Family Home Could Be a Fun Idea This Year
- Selecting The Right Carpet Cleaning Company
- Legal and Financial Services
- How To Eliminate Student Loans Starting Now
- 10 Tips For Biking Beginners
- Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund Celebrates 15 Years Of Wealth Creation
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Pet Urns for Ashes and Cremation
- Why Dog Nutrition Should Include a Pet Vitamin Supplement
- Real Estate and Rentals
- What to Expect From Your REALTOR
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Pondering a New House: New Construction or Existing?
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Tips for Selling Old Jewelry
- Bohemian Clothing: New Fashion Style
- The great fashion Rhinestone jewelry collection
- Sports and Recreation
- Don't Sleep on the Orlando Magic
- Online Gamblers Are On Poker Heaven
- Take A Bike Tour In New York
- Travel and Transportation
- Looking For Cheap New York Hotels
- Captiva Island Vacation Rentals Tips For Finding The Perfect Place
- Handy Traveling Tips
- New Year Resolution Ideas To Improve Parenthood
- Increase Communication to Ease Employee Anxiety
- Reading Body Gestures In Women
Cluttered Kitchens Make Preparing The Food Difficult
By Danny Gil Published: 02/01/2010
Our kitchens are easily the busiest room in our homes. From cooking and entertaining to a place for your kids to do their homework, play board games or work on their arts and crafts projects, it can be easily overrun with art supplies, outdated spices and unused or damaged utensils.
First of all, you need to get rid of stuff you no longer need. We tend to be collectors and like to store things "just in case" we might need them one day. There is no end to hoarding stuff such as empty bottles, containers and very old or broken kitchen utensils. Start by throwing out the old containers and filter out the ones that are still in good condition - give them a good wash-out.
If you have lots of pots that are taking up too much space, give them a good clean and nest them within larger pots of the same kind to free up some room. Then make sure you close the lid on the outer-most pot to make sure dust and little insects or rodents don't get inside and contaminate the pots.
Do your drawer handles look all worn out? This is a good opportunity for you to spruce up the look of your old kitchen and give it a touch of modern style. There are many places you can buy drawer pulls and knobs for your kitchen inexpensively, on the internet.
If your knives, forks and other eating utensils are stored in a cupboard, move them to a drawer near the kitchen sink or dining table so you can immediately store them after washing.
Plastic storage containers should be inventoried to ensure each has a matching lid and that they are free from cracks or other damage. Store them near your refrigerator to ease meal cleanup time.
Get yourself a rack for spices and sort them out in alphabetical order and place them close to your kitchen counter or where you normally prepare the food for cooking. This way, you'll save more time and the post-cooking cleanup will be confined to only a small area of your kitchen.
How is your pantry closet looking? Has it turned into a store room for your junk? If so then it's time to clean it out too! Go through your pantry and get rid of the old cans of food that have long passed their expiry date. You might also like to consider installing a few cabinets within your pantry if you don't currently have any. Store within them any sharp items, so your toddlers will never be able to get to them and cause harm to themselves.
Lastly, keep your kitchen counter tops free of clutter. Having a clean and organized kitchen bench top will allow you to work more quickly and easily, so you can spend more time doing the things that you really want to do (like playing with your kids). Migrate all seldom used electrical appliances to the pantry or available cupboards. - 28385