- Mp3 Players: Change The World
- 4 Unique New Moon Twilight Party Favors
- Figure Out How To Download Cool Motion Pictures Right To Your Computer At Once
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- New Cars: You're Not Married to Them
- Sorting Through New Car Options: Which Ones To Avoid
- Business to Business
- Learn the Secret to Starting a Home Internet Business for Free
- Buying A New Printer - Some Tips
- North Alabama Is A Life-long Location for Setting Down Roots
- Computers and Electronics
- The New Nokia N97 - How Does It Compare To The N96
- 6 Things You Should Never Do To Your PC
- IT Study Around The UK Revealed
- Dating Matchmaking
- How Can I Get My Ex Boyfriend Back: The Best Way To Tell
- How To Approach A Guy In 3 Simple Steps
- How To Tell If A Man Really Loves You
- Education and Employment
- Hybrid Cars
- Spanish learning Tips
- AlterEgos Puts A New Face On Articulate Virtual Tutors.
- Easy Way To Get More Music Using YouTube.com
- Get New Music with Free CDs Online
- Pedals For Electric Guitar - Give Your Playing A New Style And Ability With Awesome Pedals
- Family and Community
- Real Secrets Of Manifesting
- How To Get My Husband Back: Sure Fire Way of Getting My Husband Back Against All Odds
- Event Planner Offers Solutions To Assist Company In-house Teams
- Health and Personal Care
- Acai Berry Is More Than Just A Berry
- Panic Therapy Revealed - How To Stop Panic Attacks
- Increase Your Metabolism
- Home and Garden
- Why Modern Patio Furniture Cannot Be Compared With Any Other Style
- Effective Ways To Lower Your Cholesterol
- Puppy Training Your New Little Companion Can Be Fun For Both of You!
- Legal and Financial Services
- ImageForward.com Announces Brunswick ME, Imperial Beach CA Insurance Websites
- Fast Cash Advance Payday Loans.
- A New Twist On An Old Trading Strategy
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Understanding Why Dogs Fight With Each Other
- Training a Cat to Use the Toilet
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Benidorm Is The Vacation Capital Of Spain
- The New Loan Modification Plan For America
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Hawaiian Tiki Gifts
- Charm Bracelet Wearing - The Best New Trend In Fashion
- Hiring A Personal Shopper: Retail Therapy In New York City
- Sports and Recreation
- All Terrain Skateboarding - Why You Need To Try It!
- How to Sharpen a Bowie Knife
- Brett Favre Off to a Hot Start With The Minnesota Vikings
- Travel and Transportation
- Austin Cross Country Moving Companies Make A Stressful Event Easy
- Exploring History And Mystery Land: Egypt Packages
- Five Nifty Traveler Tips You Will Enjoy
- Exciting New Personal Communication Tool Through Google Wave
- Stacking Chairs: Socializing In One Sitting
- A Tasty Barbecue Marinade for a Perfect Dinner
CQB Tactics In Airsoft
By Dan J. Temple Published: 11/19/2009
Airsoft is a game where players dress in military uniforms and arm themselves with replica guns with compressed air motors firing plastic pellets.
CQB stands for close quarter battle, and refers to short range encounters between combatants. Players tend to use shorter barrelled guns to accommodate due to the short ranges involved, shotguns, pistols and submachine guns. Unsurprisingly then, CQB tends to take place indoors and games are fast paced, strategic and full of action.
Strategy and communication are the key factors that determine the success or failure of a CQB mission. Identifying the best attack and defend positions is crucial before you begin your mission - there are only a finite number of entry points into a building and you need to be aware of all of them. Communication between units is vital. As a commander you'll quickly lose sight of other units as they move around the buildings. When you're with them, establish hand signals. When you're not with them maintain radio contact. Knowing where your teams are will mean the difference between a win and a loss.
When moving in close quarters it's critical you remain stealthy and as small a target as possible. Don't run unless you absolutely have to - running creates more noise than walking and faster moving targets are easier to spot. When walking, bend your knees and hunch over your gun - this will keep your profile as small as possible and harder to hit.
CQB is fast and you need to be ready for anything. When you move, keep your gun in front of you. If you're moving through a cleared area, keep your gun in front and angled down. If you're moving through a danger area, keep it drawn and shouldered. When you look, look with your gun. It's much faster to turn your head with your gun than look, swing your gun into position and aim. That split second of time saved could mean the difference between killing and being killed.
In CQB cover isn't used for long - players will be pushing through buildings at speed and bounding between obstacles as they enter rooms. Windows and doors work well as cover, hiding your entire body while providing easy access. When using windows and doors as cover, stay as close to the opening as possible without revealing yourself. When you're ready to move, move out with your hips and do it quickly and smoothly.
Assign fire sectors to each person to ensure your team is covered from all angles. Typical fire sectors for a five man team are the front man covering the front, the second man covering the flanks of the first man, the third man covering the left and right flanks, the fourth man covering targets of opportunity and the fifth and last man covering the rear.
Reloading in airsoft can take much longer than real life as players need to keep their magazines and fill them up from bb bottles. If you need to reload, signal to your team and find cover. When reloading, have your sidearms at the ready - when you're done, get back to your team as soon as possible.
All these tips are easy to read but much harder to implement. Effective teams take time to develop and there's no substitute for proper training and practice. Your team should be able to execute these tips quickly and without thought - do that and you'll see the wins roll in.