- Figure Out How To Download Cool Motion Pictures Right To Your Computer At Once
- World of Warcraft Players
- About 10 Basic Feature Film Overviews
- Why Should You Opt For The New Mazda 3?
- How To Get a Car Loan With Bad Credit?
- Is The New Mazda 3 Suitable For You?
- Business to Business
- New Tools For Marketing Online
- New Orleans Garage Door Repair Make A Big Difference To The Outside Of The Home
- What Do YourNetBiz Personal Business Assistants Do For You?
- Computers and Electronics
- About 10 Superlative Cinematic Film Overviews
- About Girl Gamers
- Find a Profitable Topic for a Blog in 3 Steps
- Dating Matchmaking
- Does He Have A Crush On Me? Discover The New Ways
- So, You Want To Know How To Win The Boyfriend Back?
- How To Get The Guy You Like - 3 Valuable Tips To Get The Guy You Want!
- Education and Employment
- Benefits Of Carbon Credits
- How to Write a Winning Scholarship Essay
- Creating New Habits
- Hi-Hat Drum Samples - Effective Use
- Choose A Celebrated Movie With Just One Click To See Tonight
- Some Accurate Feature Film Reviews
- Family and Community
- Here is Some Relationship Problem Advice You Can Actually Use
- Event Planner Offers Solutions To Assist Company In-house Teams
- Top Tips For Saving Money When Booking Holidays Abroad
- Health and Personal Care
- Is High Blood Pressure And Depression Interrelated?
- Dental Insurance In Texas - Little Known Secrets That Will Save You Money
- Anti Wrinkle Creams-The New Skinlastin
- Home and Garden
- A Simple Solution To Make Home Made Solar Cells
- Bakelite Collectables for Your Collection
- Kerastase Bain Items Are Exceptionally Popular Throughout The World.
- Legal and Financial Services
- Currency Forex Market Trading - 3 Things Your Broker Isn't Telling You
- I Improve My Gas Mileage by 40% - Here's How You Can Too!
- Fast And Simple Vehicle Insurance Plan Quotations
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Understanding Why Dogs Fight With Each Other
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Pondering a New House: New Construction or Existing?
- The New Loan Modification Plan For America
- Selling a Home Read This Helpful Information
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Book a Wholesale Fashion Jewelry Date With a Special Little Lady Called CZ!
- Bride Shoes With Fashion Sense
- Hawaiian Tiki Gifts
- Sports and Recreation
- Hunting For the Best Golf Travel Case
- Be First Off The Grid With F1 Show Cars
- Surplus Military Rifles As An Alternative To Buying A New Rifle
- Travel and Transportation
- Guadalajara Vacation Rental Tips
- Save Money On an Orlando Vacation
- The Best Luxor Egypt Hotels
- Income Drawdown Calculator Is Efficient To Calculate Income Drawdown
- Are You New To Free Reverse Cell Telephone Lookup? Know The Fundamentals Here
- Where Can I Buy A Kindle 2 For Holiday Present?
Double Or Nothing Strategy For Poker
By Carl Walker Published: 11/20/2009
Double or nothing strategy to help in a double or nothing poker tournament can take you a long way in these new tournaments. For purposes of illustration, understand that such a tournament is one in which 10 players start and in which the last five players left are paid out double the amount that they paid to buy in.
When you come to the tournament, take care to check out who the competition will be on the sign-up sheet. If there are four or more names already on the sheet, the chances are good that you will be playing with regulars. This isn't bad, but it does mean that you will have to adjust your style of play to compete against regulars where as your style can be more loose competing against random players.
Most poker experts say that you should have enough buy-in chips backing you to play your game comfortably. For the most part, most professional players start with 40 buy-ins in a typical $10 tournament. Recreational layers usually will start with 20 buy-ins. As an example, in a typical $10 tournament you will need to start your equity at $10 and if you double you'll be looking at $15. 55.
As far as strategy goes, most beginners should take care to remember that if they are near to the dealer -- meaning in an early position -- they should not open unless they have a big pair or at least the Ace and King. These are considered the minimum hands to have when located that near to the early open positions.
Those players and down or later positions should feel free to look at their openers and scale them down accordingly. Never call a push if you are left only with fold equity once a hand has been completed. If you do that, you'll need to have at least an 80% chance (called "odds-favorite") just to attempt a breakeven bid.
As a general strategy, keep in mind that early in the tournament you should play very tight poker. In the middle of the tournament, try to maintain your stack and in the late stages of the tournament you will want to keep yourself from going out on what is called the bubble. Following a basic strategy such as knowing your buy-in and your fold equity will take you a long way.