- An Assortment Of Quick Hollywood Movie Plot Lines
- About 10 Basic Feature Film Overviews
- 4 Reliable Tips for Handling Twilight Party Disasters
- Get Your New Transponder Key From A Local Locksmith
- How To Find Used Motorcycles Values
- Why Should You Opt For The New Mazda 3?
- Business to Business
- Bring New Styles To Your Rooms With Custom-Made Furniture
- Important Considerations Before Deciding On A New Printer
- How To Decrease The Tension Of Shifting Into A New House
- Computers and Electronics
- Fixing Your Windows Registry
- Introduction to Affiliate Marketing and Revenue Sharing
- Comcast Cable Promotional Deals
- Dating Matchmaking
- How To Know If He Is The One Or Not - Steps To Consider
- I Want My Ex Back: Tips
- Find The Most Important Online Dating Tip
- Education and Employment
- If You Have Ever Wanted To Start A Career As A CNA, Now is A Great Time To Get Training
- Sample Customer Service Cashier Interview Questions
- How to Get Jobs in Internet
- Downloading Karaoke Files From The Internet - Music Songs
- Get Your Money's Worth with Archos MP3 Players
- A Close Look At The Karaoke SuperStar DVD Pack - Review
- Family and Community
- Download Plans To Build a Wooden Garden Shed
- Top Toddler Halloween Costume Ideas.
- Is The Relationship With The Wife Leading For You?
- Health and Personal Care
- What Are the Different Types Of Skin Cancer?
- How a New Jersey Mesothelioma Attorney Can Help
- Soothing Massage Chair Treatments
- Home and Garden
- Start A New Hobby And Make Extra Coin By Selling Gold
- Every Star Wars LEGO System
- Do Conventionally Purchased Power Tools Last Longer Or Out Perform Factory Reconditioned Power Tools
- Legal and Financial Services
- Bad loan Refi
- ?Discover A Excellent New Hobby Through Sell Gold And Make Some Extra Dollars
- Win That Deserving Scholarship For College Education.
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Why Dog Nutrition Should Include a Pet Vitamin Supplement
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Training a Cat to Use the Toilet
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Benidorm Is The Vacation Capital Of Spain
- Pondering a New House: New Construction or Existing?
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Bride Shoes With Fashion Sense
- The great fashion Rhinestone jewelry collection
- Is It Smart To Get Your Diamond Engagement Ring Insured?
- Sports and Recreation
- The Best Fishing Boats
- Hardworking Canadians Now Salute The Economic Benefits Of Casinos
- Golf Cart Accessories - Comfort Or Functionality
- Travel and Transportation
- Guadalajara Vacation Rental Tips
- Majorca Deals Offer The Vacation Of A Lifetime Without Emptying Your Wallet
- Save Money On an Orlando Vacation
- Increase Communication to Ease Employee Anxiety
- Speed Reading Life Benefits
- Why To Eat Nuts
Easing the Stress of a New Cell Phone
By Zeeman Haus Published: 01/10/2010
The cell phone you were given for free with the purchase of a three year plan just isn't cutting it, is it? Sure, it will call when you need it to, but will it play Mp3's, movies or take pictures? Probably not. What you got with your plan was a rock bottom product- which is why it was free. Now you're thinking about what you'll need to buy to upgrade your current phone, but there are questions aren't there?
Purchasing a new cell phone isn't as easy as say, buying some eggs at the local grocery store. You don't have to be a rocket scientist mind you, but a little fore thought will not hurt. We'll look a little at what the functions are of the current cells and touch a bit on style as well. This should be pretty fun!
Some carriers are all digital now, in fact a majority of the big cell phone companies are. The smaller ones are the cell companies you need to watch out for. While it's true that you can most likely get a better deal and avoid a long term contract with smaller local companies, not all offer digital service. They might even be on a digital network, but lack the ability to offer digital service. Check with your service provider first off the see what their services are and ask for a list of recommended phone to begin your search.
The next step in your search is for a brand. Normally, brand names aren't that important to most people these days but with cell phones, this is something to consider. There are certain phones that will not work on certain networks. For example one phone brand might work great with AT&T but will not work at all on Verizon. What's even more confusing is that just one model might not work on two networks. So a Nokia XX.1X might work great on TELUS, but that same phone will not work at all with Verizon, where as other Nokia models do fine on both.
Functionality is the big kicker. All major and minor carriers have phones with cameras now. That can be said without any worries on being called wrong. But you might be looking for more than that. Obviously, if you plan on having an all in one phone for email, movies ect, you will want to look into the Blackberry or Palm Pilot series, these are nice and considered the Cadillac of cell phones. If you're a texter you might want to look at a nice slide out phone with a keyboard. List these things and don't back down. No one has really come up with anything too new in the last few years, so you should be able to find what it is you're looking for. Just don't get so caught up in one aspect of your phone you forget about another.
Style is all the rage. It's commonly what will make or break your cell phone purchase. Some prefer a larger, more substantial phone, something they can hold on to, while others enjoy talking into a credit card. Style will also determine price as well, the thinner the phone the thinner your wallet. So remember to comparative shop on these styles as well. Having your heart set on a Razor and bringing home a butter knife might not be such a bad thing if it saves you a couple of hundred dollars.
Insurance is a concern as well. Make sure you check with your provider to make sure your new phone will be covered under your old insurance plan. It would be a very bad thing to wreck your new phone and realize you have to purchase another one or go back to the same boring phone you had before.
Remember to do some online shopping too. Your cell phone carrier will have more models available at better prices a lot of the time. This saves you money AND provides you with more options. When you think about it, waiting a week for the perfect phone to show up isn't so bad. Good luck with your hunt and enjoy the phone!