- The New Face Of Music Games
- 5 Great Ideas for New Moon Party Favors
- The History of Stained Glass Windows
- Gaining An Understanding Of Mesa Honda Dealerships And The Success They Experience
- Is The New Mazda 3 Suitable For You?
- Have You Purchased Yours Yet? Your Hybrid Car!
- Business to Business
- Preventing Nerve-Racking Situations When Shifting Into A New House
- Tips to Promote your Online Business Direct
- How To Avoid A Change Control Breakdown
- Computers and Electronics
- Active Directory Management and Reporting
- A Bunch Of Definitive Hollywood Movie Story Lines
- Find a Profitable Topic for a Blog in 3 Steps
- Dating Matchmaking
- How To Approach A Guy In 3 Simple Steps
- How Can You Win Your Ex Back? 3 Surefire Tricks to Get Back With Your Ex
- How To Tell If A Man Really Loves You
- Education and Employment
- Exploring The Elements Of Contract Law
- The Benefits To Online Tutoring
- Legal Precedents Set In Florida
- The Titanic And The Poseidon Adventure - Coincidence?
- 4 Reliable Tips for Handling Twilight Party Disasters
- Television The Most Popular Form Of Entertainment
- Family and Community
- Ultimate Sales Guide
- Here is Some Relationship Problem Advice You Can Actually Use
- Pomacanthus Paru : Guide On The Beautiful French Angelfish
- Health and Personal Care
- Did You Make Any New Year Resolution?
- How To Cure Anxiety: The Steps
- Can American Healthcare Make You Healthy?
- Home and Garden
- How to Recognize if Dog Coughing is a More Dangerous Ailment
- Filipino Maids: Philippines' Pride
- Cabinet Giant a strong emphasis on kitchen and bathroom cabinetry
- Legal and Financial Services
- Why You Should Pay Your Taxes
- Can You Purchase Lottery Tickets Over the Net Legally?
- Federally Subsidized Housing
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Why Dog Nutrition Should Include a Pet Vitamin Supplement
- Pet Urns for Ashes and Cremation
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Real Estate and Rentals
- The New Loan Modification Plan For America
- What to Expect From Your REALTOR
- Benidorm Is The Vacation Capital Of Spain
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Baby Products: Your baby is a Precious Jewel, Get Him the Best
- Ultimate Sales Guide
- Charm Bracelet Wearing - The Best New Trend In Fashion
- Sports and Recreation
- Brett Favre Off to a Hot Start With The Minnesota Vikings
- Take Your Dive to a New Level with the Sanyo VPC-E2
- A New Fantasy Football Strategy
- Travel and Transportation
- Sport Pilot or Private Pilot? What's best for you?
- Rome City Breaks For Everyone
- Captiva Island Vacation Rentals Tips For Finding The Perfect Place
- Top Five Cheap Hotels In New York City
- Use Costume Jewelry To Transform A Plain Outfit Into A Work Of Art!
- A Tasty Barbecue Marinade for a Perfect Dinner
Hawaiian Tiki Gifts
By jeromecoudrier Published: 03/31/2010
To cite an example, if an individual is invited to a party, people living elsewhere normally carry a gift item. On the other hand, Hawaiians carry a home-made food item as their gift. All the dishes brought by the various guests are also shared in the party. Further, the left-over food items are carried back by the visitors to their homes, so that the house of the party remains clean of left-over food. Such a peculiar sharing nature cannot be seen anywhere else. This innate concern for others had been the backbone of the culture of Hawaiian gifts.
This natural extension of the unique Hawaiian gift culture is reflected in their bringing back gift articles after any trip or vacation away from their homes. These outstation gifts presented to friends and relatives after the trip are fondly called as ‘omiyage’, ‘makana’, and ‘oso’. They are Japanese, Hawaiian, and Samoan terms respectively for gifts brought from outside. Failure to bring such gifts can be considered as insulting the friends and relatives. Hawaiians follow this practice both ways. When they go to other places, they carry local food items or gift items to friends and relatives living in their places of visit as a mark of respect to the hospitality extended by them to the visitors. Thus, gift giving and gift taking is ingrained in Hawaiian culture.
The most popular Hawaiian gifts are tikis, tiki bars, Hawaiian tropical decor, and Hawaiian dashboard dolls. The tikis, tiki bar, the tropical décor and the dashboard doll pieces or materials are especially hand-crafted by highly trained and experienced craftsmen. The carved tikis include tiki masks of various types such as Hawaiian tiki masks, Fijian tiki masks, painted tiki masks, and bamboo tiki masks. The other unique carved tikis in Hawaiian gifts are tiki bars, tiki totems, primitive tikis, modern tikis, and tiki wall plaques.
The special Hawaiian tropical décor gift items lay emphasis on outdoor accent. They consist of items like outdoor tikis, tiki signs, ornamentally carved outdoor lanterns, architectural pots, bamboo poles, fencing, and accessories, thatches and thatch covers, tropical furniture, tropical matting, and outdoor tiki bar items. The tropical décor items also include painted reliefs, vintage frames, printed and poster gift pieces such as Hawaiian flora, hula dance, mermaids, floral images, aloha tropical signs, nautical signs, palm girls, sunset travel, romantic moonlight, and ukulele, apart from photographic tropical décor memorabilia like nostalgic photography and surfing photography.
The Hawaiian dashboard doll items are among the most popular fancy gift articles purchased by tourists visiting Hawaii. The concept of dashboard dolls of Hawaii had been taken to a higher plane, with innovative themes such as President Obama dashboard doll playing ukulele, President Obama dashboard doll going surfing, hula girl, hula girl with Muumuu wedding dress, boy in native chief outfit, life guard, pink flamingo, etc. Visitors to Hawaii purchase these dashboard doll Hawaiian gifts with great love and affection. They cherish these dolls as prized possession due to the ingenuity in the theme and the expert crafting of the dashboard doll gift items.
Aloha and welcome to my world of Tikis -Tikimaster.com!
After years of carving, I feel the need to share my experience and expertise with the world! My specialty is Tiki carving but I also carve Hawaiian canoes, Waka canoes, Tiki masks, Tiki totems and more. Some of my signature project reside at the Holokai restaurant in Waikiki.