- The New DVD Of X The Manga Series Has Been Released On DVD.
- Double Or Nothing Strategy For Poker
- Hot Throbs and Hot Cars Race To DVD
- Detroit Locksmith: The One-Stop Solution for Everything Locks!
- Purchasing Tires Online
- Benefits of Car Paint Protection
- Business to Business
- St Louis Locksmith Services To Help You
- Tapered Hot Tub Covers
- Start a Lawn Care Business in West Virginia
- Computers and Electronics
- Commission Blueprint 2.0 New
- Finding A Good SEO Company
- Do You Know How To Perform A Computer Tuneup - Want To Speed Up Your Computer?
- Dating Matchmaking
- So, You Want To Know How To Win The Boyfriend Back?
- Meeting New People Can Be Trouble-free With Online Dating
- Is He The Right Man For You?
- Education and Employment
- Successful Business? Know More Than the Language, Know the Culture
- A Los Angeles Attorney For Personal Injury Will Help You With Your Claim
- Beginner Learning Spanish Online - Online Learn To Speak Spanish
- Easy Way To Get More Music Using YouTube.com
- A Cross Section Of Basic Major Motion Picture Reviews
- How To Start Learning To Play A Guitar
- Family and Community
- How To Get My Husband Back: Sure Fire Way of Getting My Husband Back Against All Odds
- Ultimate Sales Guide
- Boost Your Sex Drive And "Increase Your Passion" The Natural way, With Muira Puama An Amazing Amazon
- Health and Personal Care
- Psoriasis Scalp: Causes and Treatments
- Carlsbad Gym - Get Toned And Don't Regret It
- How the Body Increases Muscles
- Home and Garden
- Check Out The New Collection Of Coffee Makers
- Good Practices For Garden Cleanliness
- DIY Home Solar Energy - Save Money While Saving the Earth
- Legal and Financial Services
- High Margins and Profits With No Risk to Your Organization - Luggage Tag Fundraiser
- Pros And Cons Of Private Health Insurance
- Get Debt Advice To Start The New Year In A Happier Place.
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Training a Cat to Use the Toilet
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Contractor Shopping: Picking The Right One For Your Washington DC Investment Property
- The New Loan Modification Plan For America
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Hiring A Personal Shopper: Retail Therapy In New York City
- Charm Bracelet Wearing - The Best New Trend In Fashion
- Wholesale Belts
- Sports and Recreation
- Discover More Fun With Flight Simulator Plane Downloads
- Take A Bike Tour In New York
- More Bad Celebrity Tie In Pinball Games
- Travel and Transportation
- Why Understanding Astral Travel Is A Life Changing Experience
- A To Do List For Successful Breckenridge Vacations
- Captiva Island Vacation Rentals Tips For Finding The Perfect Place
- Stonewall 40th Anniversary
- Stick With Your New Year's Resolutions
- Exciting New Personal Communication Tool Through Google Wave
Spotlight On Flexibility
By Duncan Munday Published: 01/11/2010
Spotlights are one of the most versatile styles of light fitting available; whether you are looking for task lighting or accent lighting, a spotlight will do the job. With their ability to be rotated through 360 degrees and the fact that they are also tiltable, spotlights are ideal for most rooms in the house. Before placing a spotlight in the bathroom, however, you must make sure that you choose a lamp designated for such use. Vulnerability to moisture ingress is inherent in spotlight design.
For the technically minded, a lamp is designated 'spotlight' if it produces a beam of reflected light of less than 30 degrees; any beam wider than that is, officially, a floodlight.
So, what's the best way to fix your spotlights? Well, the most versatile fitting is the track, which will allow you to place lamp heads (and, therefore, lamps) anywhere along its length. This makes the spotlight even more versatile than ever; now not only can you rotate and tilt the lamp but you can position it wherever you want within the room! In kitchens, workrooms, or any other space where task lighting is needed - track lighting is the ideal. You can, of course, get plate fittings, which feature a cluster of spotlights - usually 3 - fitted to a circular plate. However, despite the fact that this type of fitting allows for multiple lamps, they are far less versatile than the track.
In very basic terms, a track is just a channel fitted to the wall or ceiling in which the lamps are held. Perhaps the most important point to remember is that the majority of tracks are designed to take just one make of light - those manufactured by the track manufacturer usually! As all tracks are as flexible as each other this isn't really an issue; just choose the lamps then get the track that goes with them in the configuration that best suits your purposes.
With incandescent bulbs being phased out, your choice of bulb type boils down to either halogen or LED and low or mains voltage.
For some lighting situations that need extra bright light, Parabolic Aluminized Reflector is the correct term to describe bulbs that feature reflectors and prismatic lenses. They create exceptionally bright light.
When you've finished updating your interior lighting, don't forget that drab patio and garden. Once again spotlights win the day, creating practical safety illumination as well as some dramatic lighting effects. You'll not only get a garden to be proud of, but you'll be eager to entertain your friends too.
Spotlights have earned their place in the spotlight. - 28385