- 5 Interesting New Moon Twilight Party Favors
- Redefining Events In Birmingham With A Marquee Hire
- An Array Of Short Motion Picture Plot Lines
- Gaining An Understanding Of Mesa Honda Dealerships And The Success They Experience
- Find Discount Tire San Antonio
- Finding The Safest Car At A BMW Car Dealership Los Angeles
- Business to Business
- Common Errors In Cover Letters
- Custom Koozies For Ceremonies
- Earn Easy Cash Just By Working At Home!
- Computers and Electronics
- Comcast Cable Promotions
- Xbox 360 Red Light Fix - Xbox 360 3 Blinking Red Lights
- How to choose the right Web Design Company?
- Dating Matchmaking
- How To Tell If A Man Really Loves You
- How To Approach A Guy In 3 Simple Steps
- So, You Want To Know How To Win The Boyfriend Back?
- Education and Employment
- Natural Healing College Reviews
- Lower Energy Rates in New York Thanks to Deregulation
- Biometrics The New Way To Identify Individuals And Create Better Security For Your Business or Even
- Fate Stay Night the New Anime TV Series is Soon to Be Released, But Will Everyone Like It?
- 8 Uncommonly Popular Films For Your Entertainment Fun
- Downloading Karaoke Files From The Internet - Music Songs
- Family and Community
- Get Your Ex Back in these 5 easy steps
- Beliefs About The Mandarin New Year Rat
- Building New Intimacy In A Sound Relationship
- Health and Personal Care
- Your Guide To Laser Blepharoplasty
- BowFlex SelectTech Dumbbells - A New Free Weights System
- How To Fade Scars
- Home and Garden
- No More Sibling Rivalry: Help Your Young Child Deal With A New Baby
- Bide Invariably: Pink Gingham Baby Bedding In Your Youngster's Nursery
- The Advantages of Automated Vacuuming
- Legal and Financial Services
- Factual Significance of Social Security Numbers
- Guidance on New COBRA Rules From The IRS And Doeren Mayhew
- New Trends in the World of Commercial Real Estate
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Understanding Why Dogs Fight With Each Other
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Real Estate and Rentals
- What to Expect From Your REALTOR
- Contractor Shopping: Picking The Right One For Your Washington DC Investment Property
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Know More About The Cheap Diamonds Offered By Sona Diamond Jewelry
- Boxer Brief
- Hawaiian Tiki Gifts
- Sports and Recreation
- WoW Quest Helpers Revealed
- More Bad Celebrity Tie In Pinball Games
- Take Your Dive to a New Level with the Sanyo VPC-E2
- Travel and Transportation
- Captiva Island Vacation Rentals Tips For Finding The Perfect Place
- Looking For Cheap New York Hotels
- How Long Until Your Next Bahamas Family Vacation
- Are You New To Free Reverse Cell Telephone Lookup? Know The Fundamentals Here
- Himfr.com Reprinted The 2nd International Chemical New Materials Summit To Hold In China
- Air Yeezy's: The Release Date Of June 09
Successful Chicken Coop Design
By Kor Rassad Published: 11/18/2009
The most important thing to remember when starting a chicken coop construction project is the prior planning. You can save money and hours of time by planning what kind of chickens you intend to raise, and how many chickens you intend to keep in your coop.
Keep in mind that the whole point of the coop is to give your chickens a place to live. So don't skimp on the planning stage or try to cut costs with cheaper materials. A well-constructed chicken coop is key to having healthy happy chickens who will lay you lots of delicious eggs.
Here are a few guidelines for chicken coop construction:
* Give your chickens enough space inside the coop, at least 3-4 square feet per chicken. Avoiding overcrowding is very important, as it will harm your chickens otherwise.
*Likewise, 8-10 square feet per chicken is a good idea for a chicken run. You will want to make sure your chickens have enough room outside their home.
* Make sure you include some way for you to get into the coop yourself. You will need to get in both to collect any eggs your chickens may lay and to clean out the coop on a regular basis.
* Make sure your coop construction involves some sort of wire so predators can't get in.
Aside from these practical concerns, Chickens are fairly easy to please, you're free to design your coop in any way you like, and to construct it from any materials you wish. So much of what you decide to do with your coop will be for your own personal convenience. This is why building the coop tall enough for you to easily get in will be a help to you.
Just make sure that any materials you use in your chicken coop construction will stand the test of time, and that you also take into account your local climate. Those in warmer year-round climates may be able to use wire doors or walls, but if you live somewhere that's cold and wet for part of the year, you want to make sure that you use solid walls and possibly even some insulation to stop your chickens from stressing when it's cold.
Building the coop off the ground is also an excellent idea, as it will not only stop water from flooding the floor of your coop, but it will keep out snakes and weasels. To allow your chickens easy access, you can build a chicken door off the ground with a ramp leading up to it.
Once you've planned out everything to a full extent, then you can get started on constructing your coop. Don't skimp on the materials, because the better quality ones you use, the more sturdy your coop will be. At the same time, don't be afraid to re-use others' discards. Local recycling centers can be great places to find cheap quality construction materials.
If you've planned out your chicken coop construction before you began, then the actual construction process should be fairly easy and fun. This is why having a good design is so important. - 28385