- How To Shop For New TVs
- Have The Life You Always Dreamed Of - Secrets of Cosmic Ordering
- Singing Better Tips - Advance To A Professional Level With Effective Tips
- Getting Your Car Ready For Winter Driving
- Finding The Safest Car At A BMW Car Dealership Los Angeles
- American Racing Razor Wheels Lead A Tradition Of Racing
- Business to Business
- Web Designing Company Chennai – SEO Services Chennai
- Step aside old BOGO and meet the new BOGO
- Cost Of Finding New Clients Costing To Much, Look At This
- Computers and Electronics
- Shop, Save, Share & Smile with NetHaggler
- Meeting A New Pen Pal
- Data Storage and Servers: The Basics
- Dating Matchmaking
- How To Get The Guy You Like - 3 Valuable Tips To Get The Guy You Want!
- How Can You Win Your Ex Back? 3 Surefire Tricks to Get Back With Your Ex
- How To Approach A Guy In 3 Simple Steps
- Education and Employment
- Legal Documents Available On Your Computer
- Long Island Divorce Law Firm That You Can Rely On
- Get a Degree to Enter a High Paying Field
- Download Eight Cool Flicks To Observe Now
- Want To Start Charging For Bridal Photography
- How Winning Competitions Prepares You For Life
- Family and Community
- Divorce - A New Rite of Passage for the 21st Century
- How To Stop Divorce
- New Mother Stereotypes And How To Avoid Them
- Health and Personal Care
- Fountain Valley Herniated Disc Specialists Help People Find Pain Relief Naturally
- How To Fade Scars
- Is The Pain Killing You - Natural Ovarian Cysts Remedies For Pain Control
- Home and Garden
- 5 Beautiful Holiday Destinations In Australia
- Bathroom Remodel - A Fruitful Way To Remove Monotony
- Taking Gardening Classes In Conservatories Derbyshire
- Legal and Financial Services
- Life Insurance Shopping For The First-Time Buyer
- Why Long Term Care Insurance?
- Intuit - Affordable New Tax Software For Small and Home Based Businesses Tax Preparers
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Pet Urns for Ashes and Cremation
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Understanding Why Dogs Fight With Each Other
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Pondering a New House: New Construction or Existing?
- Selling a Home Read This Helpful Information
- The New Loan Modification Plan For America
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- The great fashion Rhinestone jewelry collection
- Ultimate Sales Guide
- Tips for Selling Old Jewelry
- Sports and Recreation
- How To Buy A New Wetsuit
- Fun Activities for Family Camping Outings
- A Biking Tour in New York
- Travel and Transportation
- Sport Pilot or Private Pilot? What's best for you?
- Save Money On an Orlando Vacation
- Austin Cross Country Moving Companies Make A Stressful Event Easy
- Authentic watches - Effective Time, Discovering Comfort!
- Speed Reading Life Benefits
- Stick With Your New Year's Resolutions
Surplus Military Rifles As An Alternative To Buying A New Rifle
By Joe Menzies Published: 10/14/2009
The word "Ammunition" comes from a word in French, "la munition" which described any war-related ordnance. Now, it's known as "ammo". In a historical context. it meant projectiles, such as bullets and shot, as well astheir primers and fuses, that were fired from guns and canons or otherwise propelled. Today, the term encompasses a wider collection of weaponry including nuclear, biological, chemical, or explosive material, such as grenades or rockets.
Did you know that people from quite varied walks in life are interested in ammunition - from bear hunters to full-time experts in ballistics, forensics, metallurgy, chemistry, and manufacturing disciplines. Obviously, there's the current and former law enforcement and military professionals. On the more passive side are historians (particularly of the Civil War) and hobbyists interested in the ammunition's evolution over time, and the surprising variety of ingenious designs that have been tried.
Some people's hobby is building a collection of militaria and weaponry rather than beingan active shooter or hunter. Since the Second World War ended, a great many surplus military rifles have been imported and sold in the United States. As various militaries around the world, particularly in the smaller nations, clean out their reserve stocks of obsolete rifles, a few models are still being imported.
Hunters favor a range of rifles with the New England Firearms Handi-Rifle being one of the most popular (though it can be hard to source due to that popularity). New rifles can be quite expensive and it's worth your time to check if there are used firearms for sale either in your local gun stores or online.
Traditionally, when you wanted to buy ammunition, you'd pay a visit to your local gun store. Of course, these days you have the option of getting ammo for sale online. But knowing what you need is important. Looking for the cheapest ammo online isn't all that's involved. Other factors should be taken into account so you're certain you'll get precisely what you require - the type of ammo you need is determined by what you intend to shoot or hunt.
You also need to consider how much ammunition you require. Locate a source, such as military surplus ammunition, where you can get replacement stocks easliy of the same ammunition so you don't end up switching ammunition and having to head down to the shooting range to sight in the new ammo. Zeroing in a rifle takes time and ammunition isn't that cheap, even if you're buying surplus ammo. So save yourself some heartache.
Military surplus ammunition is, essentially, the ammo that the armed forces (Army, Navy. Marine Corps) have surplus to requirements. In the past, it also included ammo that soldiers took home with them when they were discharged, and then later sold. These days, such things are more rigorously controlled and ammunition and weapons must be returned before a soldier leaves military life. Military surplus ammunition is one of the most sought after types of ammo simply because the savings in cost are usually pretty substantial when compared to the prices offered by hunting and outdoor speciality stores and other more generic big stores.
Surplus ammunition can come from outside the U.S. as well as from within it. An example that is the 7.62x39mm rifle cartridge which was designed during Second World Warand first used in the SKS carbine by the Soviet Union.
Do a bit of research online when looking at the price of ammo and availablility and remember that the the best solution isn't always the least expensive. In the long run, doing the research will save you money and time.