- Hot Throbs and Hot Cars Race To DVD
- Get New Music with Free CDs Online
- How To Start Learning To Play A Guitar
- How To Buy Auto Parts
- Gaining An Understanding Of Mesa Honda Dealerships And The Success They Experience
- Why Now Is A Great Time To Invest In A Luxury Vehicle
- Business to Business
- Pros and Cons of Different Breast Implants
- Hosting A New Domain
- Benefits from Shopping Cart Software
- Computers and Electronics
- AMD has introduces new Server technology processor AMD Opteron
- An Array Of Premium Motion Picture Overviews
- Computer Freezes Randomly: What You Need To Know
- Dating Matchmaking
- Taipei Dating - Online Sites Can Help Make New Friends
- How Can You Win Your Ex Back? 3 Surefire Tricks to Get Back With Your Ex
- How To Approach A Guy In 3 Simple Steps
- Education and Employment
- 5 Secrets About Ireland and IQ Tests
- Natural Healing College Reviews
- Software for the Deaf for Families with Deaf Members
- 8 Uncommonly Popular Films For Your Entertainment Fun
- Singing Better Tips - Advance To A Professional Level With Effective Tips
- With First Communion Dresses Your Daughter Will Look Like Princess On This Holy Day
- Family and Community
- Boost Your Sex Drive And "Increase Your Passion" The Natural way, With Muira Puama An Amazing Amazon
- Download Plans To Build a Wooden Garden Shed
- Are Russian Women Good Mothers?
- Health and Personal Care
- Best Treatment for Hemorrhoids
- Is High Blood Pressure And Depression Interrelated?
- Flat Abs In A Week?
- Home and Garden
- Packing a Television for the Big Move
- John Wayne: The American Hero
- Selecting An Air Purification System
- Legal and Financial Services
- Birla Sun Life Mutual Fund Celebrates 15 Years Of Wealth Creation
- How to Get Awesome Credit
- Fast And Simple Vehicle Insurance Plan Quotations
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Training a Cat to Use the Toilet
- Pet Urns for Ashes and Cremation
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Pondering a New House: New Construction or Existing?
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Benidorm Is The Vacation Capital Of Spain
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Shop, Save, Share & Smile with NetHaggler
- The great fashion Rhinestone jewelry collection
- Ultimate Sales Guide
- Sports and Recreation
- How to Buy A Fishing Boat
- Fun Activities for Family Camping Outings
- A Gold Coast Fishing Charter: What You Can Expect
- Travel and Transportation
- Majorca Deals Offer The Vacation Of A Lifetime Without Emptying Your Wallet
- Aluminum Carports or Aluminum Garages: which to Choose
- Save Money On Your Vacation With Online Travel Agents
- Bhutan Needs to Be On Your List Of Gay Destinations
- A Small Office Phone System For Smaller Operations
- Increase Communication to Ease Employee Anxiety
Ultimate Sales Guide
By Ceri Heathcote Published: 01/01/2009
Ultimate Sales Guide
The sales are always a great opportunity to get your hands on some designer clobber at a fraction of the price. But this year with the credit crunch, recession and economic down turn, the sales promise to be even bigger and better than usual. Here is how to make sure that you make the most of the sales.
Planning and research
Decide exactly what you need or want in advance of the sales. This will avoid buying unsuitable clothes that you don’t need and won’t wear again. Set yourself a budget. This is the best way to stop yourself from overspending and starting the new year with a credit card bill the size of the phone directory. Prioritize each of the items that you would like to buy and then stop when you get to your budget.
Browse your favourite shops in advance of the sales to check out what is on offer and what is likely to be in the sale. If you can try on your favourite items and make a note of which size fits best.
On the day
Go well prepared and dress appropriately. Get up early, have a good breakfast and get to your first choice of shop in time for opening. Wear layers of clothes so you can remove some if you get hot. The sales are usually very crowded so it is likely to get quite warm. Take a large shopping bag for your purchases, it will be easier to carry and keep all your purchases together this way. Take a bottle of water and some energy snacks to keep you going, shopping is hard work and you probably won’t want to stop in a cafe in case you miss out on all the bargains.
Do not buy anything that does not fit perfectly no matter how much you love it or how much it has been reduced by. There is no point in wearing a dress by the latest cool designer if it doesn’t fit properly. This is especially important for shoes, if they don’t fit you won’t be able to walk in them or they will be very uncomfortable. I know that this seems obvious but you would be surprised how many people get caught up in the frenzy of the sales and make this mistake.
The best bargains in the sales are usually classic items that will not be out of fashion by next year. Designer sales also offer the opportunity to get a piece by your favourite designer that you may not usually be able to afford.
For those who just can’t stand the scrum of the sales, online sales are ideal. The reductions are just as good and you don’t even have to move from the warmth of your own house. As with the regular sales, prepare, decide what you want and have a look at the stock before the sales start. Check the dates that the online sales start as they often start before Christmas. You will still need to get up early on sale day if you want to get the best bargains. Check the returns policy before buying online. The online retailer should allow you to return items that do not fit but it is worth bearing in mind delivery costs and returns costs.