- Are The New York Knicks On The Verge Of A Return?
- Download Various Excellent Films To View Today
- A Cross Section Of Basic Major Motion Picture Reviews
- American Racing Razor Wheels Lead A Tradition Of Racing
- New Car Dealership
- How To Buy Auto Parts
- Business to Business
- Himfr.com Reprinted The Future Of Textile Industry In JiangSu Province
- Make Money Using Article Submission Service
- The Ultimate Retirement Income Security
- Computers and Electronics
- A Warning Against Personal Antivirus
- Children and Online Chat Rooms: The Dangers That Lurk
- All The Facts That You Should Understand About Your Computer's Hard Drives
- Dating Matchmaking
- How Can I Get My Ex Boyfriend Back: The Best Way To Tell
- Know The Signs Whether Your Man Really Loves You
- How Can You Win Your Ex Back? 3 Surefire Tricks to Get Back With Your Ex
- Education and Employment
- Ground Breaking New Product by the Turn-Key Marketing Group Launching In October
- Grants For Single Mothers Going Back To School
- How to Get Job Post on Internet
- 4 Unique New Moon Twilight Party Favors
- Get Your Money's Worth with Archos MP3 Players
- 8 Uncommonly Popular Films For Your Entertainment Fun
- Family and Community
- Ultimate Sales Guide
- The Key To Saving Your Marriage
- Real Secrets Of Manifesting
- Health and Personal Care
- Sleep Snoring – Natural Snoring Solutions
- The Most Hyped New Diet: The Acai Berry
- Top Toenail Fungus Treatment
- Home and Garden
- Windmills for Electricity - Show Me How to Make DIY Wind Electricity from Home
- Get More Protection From A New Flashlight Stun Gun
- Roof Leak- Causes And Solutions
- Legal and Financial Services
- Currency Forex Market Trading - 3 Things Your Broker Isn't Telling You
- Achieving College Success By Scoring Scholarships.
- Can You Make Money With Interest?
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Training a Cat to Use the Toilet
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Real Estate and Rentals
- What to Expect From Your REALTOR
- Selling a Home Read This Helpful Information
- The New Loan Modification Plan For America
- Shopping and Specialty Stores
- Tips for Selling Old Jewelry
- Bride Shoes With Fashion Sense
- Baby Products: Your baby is a Precious Jewel, Get Him the Best
- Sports and Recreation
- Super Bowl Security Uses Microsoft Surface
- A Biking Tour in New York
- How to Buy A Fishing Boat
- Travel and Transportation
- Rome City Breaks For Everyone
- Majorca Deals Offer The Vacation Of A Lifetime Without Emptying Your Wallet
- The Best Luxor Egypt Hotels
- Bhutan Needs to Be On Your List Of Gay Destinations
- Contemporary Wedding Rings Can Be Very Different From The Traditional Wedding Ring
- New Year Resolution Ideas To Improve Parenthood
Use Costume Jewelry To Transform A Plain Outfit Into A Work Of Art!
By Ned Dagostino Published: 09/11/2009
Costume jewelry first made its appearance a little more than a century ago, a product of the western culture of the time. Costume jewelry is that jewelry which is worn for decoration or dressing up. It is looked down upon as imitation jewelry. Since it contains no gemstones, it is cheap, and this is the main reason why the upper class looks down its collective nose at costume jewelry as cheap jewelry. Look down upon it or appreciate it, the fact is that costume jewelry is not going away!
Jewelry has been part and parcel of human attire for thousands of years. It is well known that the right piece of jewelry can adorn a plain outfit and beautify it. Conversely, the wrong piece of jewelry can spoil the effect of even the well-designed outfit.
Towards the end of the 1800s, costume jewelry made its first appearance. It was made of general material, nothing valuable. It imitated the style of the fine jewelry then in vogue. Though the material was cheap, the time and effort that went into its making was enormous.
A common misperception is that costume jewelry is cheap jewelry. The material used may be cheap, or, more appropriately, low-priced. But the making and crafting requires all the care and attention of fine jewelry. There is no ban on the use of semi-precious gemstones in costume jewelry, and you will see exquisite examples of costume jewelry with semi-precious stones which make it very valuable.
Costume jewelry is designed to be worn in a very specific setting, whether that is a particular type of dress or an occasion. Costume jewelry could not be worn with clothes for which it was not designed.
The derogation of costume jewelry continued as manufacturers began to use plastics in its manufacture. People now called costume jewelry cheap and disposable, both. Even so, some of the pieces of costume jewelry are beautifully designed. If you have picked up the habit of picking up costume jewelry, you can do so in so many places. You can visit pawn shops, antique shops and fashion stores to enlarge your collection.
If you are particularly fond of dressing up your outfit with beautiful jewelry, but can't afford fine jewelry, then you can pick up a stylish piece of costume jewelry to do the trick. Since costume jewelry is directed towards specific outfits, it is quite affordable to have sufficient costume jewelry to serve a wardrobe full of clothes. You won't be able to do the same with fine jewelry because of the cost involved. Now even plain looking garments become works of art, and that too at a real low price.