- Indoor Marquee Parties In Worcester
- Fate Stay Night the New Anime TV Series is Soon to Be Released, But Will Everyone Like It?
- Downloading Karaoke Files From The Internet - Music Songs
- How To Get a Car Loan With Bad Credit?
- Buy A New And Second-hand Automobile In Singapore
- The New York Automotive Locksmith And You
- Business to Business
- Absolute Must Know Tip About List Building - Do Not Miss This!
- Corporate Gifts - Move Your Business Forward
- How To Utilize Knowledge Management System Software
- Computers and Electronics
- Meeting A New Pen Pal
- Change Management Software for a Stable Online Business
- Data Storage and Servers: The Basics
- Dating Matchmaking
- How To Approach A Guy In 3 Simple Steps
- Find The Most Important Online Dating Tip
- I Want My Ex Back: Tips
- Education and Employment
- Sample Customer Service Cashier Interview Questions
- Natural Healing College Reviews
- Government Grants For Single Mothers In College
- The New Face Of Music Games
- A Selection Of Useful Motion Picture Outlines To View
- The Titanic And The Poseidon Adventure - Coincidence?
- Family and Community
- Real Secrets Of Manifesting
- Exiting Ideas For A Unique Wedding Theme
- Different Types Of Recliner Slip Covers
- Health and Personal Care
- Best Treatment for Hemorrhoids
- Is The Pain Killing You - Natural Ovarian Cysts Remedies For Pain Control
- Getting A Good Night's Sleep
- Home and Garden
- The Most Important Thing for a New Baby
- Animated Origami Brings New Life to the Traditional Art Form
- Popular Areas In Las Vegas To Invest
- Legal and Financial Services
- What You Should Know About Financing Plastic Surgery
- Importance Of Using A Mortgage Rate Calculator.
- Achieving Independence From the Financial Treadmill - Financial Freedom
- Great Ways to Boost Sales
- Network Marketing Could be the Key to Success in a Sluggish Economy
- Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
- Your Aged Pet Need Pain Relief For Dogs
- Why Dog Nutrition Should Include a Pet Vitamin Supplement
- Real Estate and Rentals
- Pondering a New House: New Construction or Existing?
- Check Alaska Apartment Reviews
- Selling a Home Read This Helpful Information
- Sports and Recreation
- A Few Facts On Bass Fishing And The Best Lures To Use
- Get Your Sports Fix At Houston Sports Daily
- Super Bowl Security Uses Microsoft Surface
- Travel and Transportation
- Exploring History And Mystery Land: Egypt Packages
- Guadalajara Vacation Rental Tips
- Hybrid Cars
- New Year Resolution Ideas To Improve Parenthood
- Air Yeezy's: The Release Date Of June 09
- Where Can I Buy A Kindle 2 For Holiday Present?
Your New Pet Guinea Pig - What You'll Need to Take Care of It
By Terri White Published: 09/17/2009
If you want a pet that isn't too big, doesn't take too much looking after and is still fun, calm and friendly then a pet guinea pig is the perfect choice! They are great for those who aren't yet ready for a cat or a dog, however they still need a certain degree of space and specialised care to keep them happy and healthy. Just use this article as a guide to what challenges you'll face with your new pet.
Gathering Your Supplies
Before buying your new pet guinea pig it's important to learn a little about what you'll need to take care of them. Though the expense won't be too high, you are taking on a degree of responsibility - and remember that guinea pigs will usually live between 5 and 7 years. In general you'll need to get food and water ready, a home for them, a toy, a nice place to sleep and bedding.
Helping Your Pet Guinea Pig to Feel At Home
Just like you, they need space to eat, sleep and to move around. Its recommended that you give each guinea pig at least 2 square feet to run around in " though youll probably need more since guinea pigs are best off in groups of two or more " and the bigger cage you can get for them the better! They need the space to roam and enjoy their lives, and if you give them a comfortable home you can be sure they wont try to escape very often!
As well as the space to roam, try to give your new pet space to sleep and hide. A covered sleeping area is essential to make your guinea pig feel as comfortable as possible.
Learning to Interact With Your New Pet
One thing youll quickly learn about guinea pigs is that they scare easily. Hovering around their cage staring at them can cause them to panic " so give them time to adjust to their new home and environment, and kneel down whenever you want to look at them.
To build a bond with your new pet, gently start to pet them. It might take a little while, but when they do get used to you they are extremely friendly animals. Eventually you'll be able to pick them up and cuddle them, but just make sure to support their whole bodies and hold them gently - they're very small and delicate creatures.
Your pet guinea pig will soon be a firm part of the family. They make rewarding pets, they don't bite and they really do love their owners. All it takes is a little time to get used to things.